Upadted 28 Feb 2021: The Chinese Embassy/ Official visa cetnre will be re-opening Mid-March. Application made with Mandarin Visa will have priority and we are now starting to accept new applications. Contact us (email@example.com or +44-020-3538-2848) for more information.
HS certificate is switiched to QR code now and the Embassy may require an outbound flight ticket from travellers. 2x Covid tests (IgM and PCR test) are required and Mandarin Visa is now teaming up with Corona test Centre to faciliate the process.
The followings are expired updates:
Updated 7 Jan 2021: The Chinese Visa Appication Service Centre in the UK will suspend operations followed by lockdown in England. Visa Applications and Authentications service suspended until further notice but doucments / applications submitted via Mandarin Visa will have priority after the visa centre re-opens.
Updated 16 Nov 2020: The Chinese Embassy/ visa centre in the UK will only accept applications made with a “PU letter” issued after 3 Nov 2020. Q1/Q2 visa applications are open for humanitarian purpose only and traveller will need to provide a notice from hospital/ death certificate fron China to show their immediate family member is in severe condition. The official visa centre will operate with very limited service to accept legalisations.
From 5 Nov 2020 travellers with valid residence permit will not be allowed to re-enter China until further notice.
From 5 Nov 2020 the Embassy in the UK will not issue “HS Certificate” for UK passport holders until further notice – with exceptions of diplomatic/ courtesy/ crew visa holders.
Updated 5 Nov 2020: Followed with UK national lockdown the Chinese Embassy/ visa centre in the UK will not accept most visa applications until further notice. Q1/Q2 visa applications are open for humanitarian purpose only and traveller will need to provide a notice from hospital/ death certificate fron China to show their immediate family member is in severe condition. The official visa centre will operate with very limited service to accept legalisations.
From 18 June 2020 the Official Chinese Visa Application centre will re-open to accept a very small number of visa applications & legalisation/ authentications request. However they’ll need additional supporting documents:
For Chinese visa application:
– An “Invitation letter of Duly Authorised Unit (PU letter)” issued by a local Chinese Foreign Office. Traveller should be in touch with their Chinese partners as they’ll need to contact their local Foreign Office in obtaining the letter.
– Valid work permit holders with expired residence permit (expires after 28/3/2020) may submit a new visa application (updated 23/9/20), however restrictions apply – email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
– Currrent Residence Permit holders can re-enter China now: see https://mandarinvisa.co.uk/visa-for-current-residence-permit-holders-china-aug2020/
– Submissions need to book in advance and processing time will be longer than usual.
For Legalisation/ authentication from Chinese Embassy in the UK:
– Submissions need to book in advance; however processing time will be longer than usual.
– FCO is opening for business accounts – contact us (email@example.com) to start your process now.
With the latest COVID-19 situation we have decided to: