COVID-19 – Updated 1 Sept 2020
Compulsory Covid Test Before Departure and travellers will need to submit covid test result to the Embassy – see Compulsory Covid Test Before Departure for more details.
From 18 June 2020 the Official Chinese Visa Application centre will re-open to accept a very small number of visa applications & legalisation/ authentications request. However they’ll need additional supporting documents – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance:
For visa application:
– Currrent/ Expired Residence Permit holders may submit a new visa application without PU letter (updated 23/9/20). S1/S2 visa application reopens but with restrictions (updated 14/10/20). See: https://mandarinvisa.co.uk/visa-for-current-residence-permit-holders-china-aug2020/ .
– An “Invitation letter of Duly Authorised Unit (PU letter)” issued by a local Chinese Foreign Office is required on other cases. Traveller should be in touch with their Chinese partners as they’ll need to contact their local Foreign Office in obtaining the letter.
– Advance biometrics is available and processing time will be 3-4 working days.
For Legalisation/ authentication:
– Submissions need to book in advance and processing time will be longer than usual.
– FCO is opening for business accounts – contact us (email@example.com) to start your process now.
Indian visa, Indian e-Visa
– From 18 March 2020 all passenger traffic is prohibited.
– All existing visa issued to EU/ EFTA/ UK and Turkish passport holders are suspended.