Interview – what you need to know
During you visa application process, the Embassy may need to interview you reagrding your visit to China. If your application fits in one of the following categories then you are likely to be interviewed by the Chinese Consulate in London:
- Your are applying for Long term visa (Study/ Work/ Family visit) and intended to stay over 180 days
- You are a mdeia professional/ NGO/ Government Officials
- You were born outside your country of origin (e.g. holding a UK passport but born in Kenya)
- You have been rejecteed in previous visa applications
- If you are selected to be interviewed by the Embassy, you will receive a notice within 48/72hrs after submission (for Work/ Study visa) or at the end of application review process (i.e. on the collection date) (for other reasons).
- You will need to visit the Chinese Consulate in London between 9am and 10:30am at 31 Portland Place, Marylebone, London W1B 1QD (See it on Google Map).
- Additional documents may be required by the Chinese Embassy:
- A UK employment letter may be required for Media professional/ NGO/ Government officials
- Certificate of Naturalisation / Overseas national ID / Passports of other nationalities may be required for applicants born outside the country of origin
- The Embassy may also request other documents (e.g. bank statements, marriage certificate, pay slips etc)
- If things goes very smoothly then we could expect your passport + visa to come back on the next working day, but you will need to discuss it with the Consular
- We will contact the visa centre for the visa outcome and usually the result will be available by the next day. Sometimes it will take significantly longer to obtain the visa outcome and the visa centre/ Embassy releases visa outcomes on 24 hrs intervals.