The Chinese Embassy/ Visa Centre will be closed between 29 Sept 2018 & 2 Oct 2018. Our office will remains open and will submit all applications on 3 October 2018. Applications submitted with 48hrs service (+ same day submission) will be ready by 5 October; Applications with 72hrs service (+same day submission) will be ready by 8 October.
If you need anything urgently, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will assist you in visa policy and submission issues.
Chinese Visa – what you need to know about biometric requirements
The Chinese Embassy in the UK has revised their application procedures and require biometric information from applicants aged between 14 & 70. We offer advanced appointments (as early as next day) in London to facilitate your application process.
Procedure – for fingerprints
- As part of the requirements from the VAC (in order to utilise resources on successful applications), all applications needs to be pre-checked before having an advanced biometric slot – kindly email your documents (i.e passport copy, photo, forms and supporting documents) to us (email@example.com) for pre-check and bookings.
- Original documents (i.e. passport, UK residence permit) must arrive before 8:45am (or the working day(s) before) at 1 Cornhill EC3V 3ND (other documents can be sent via email (in pdf)). We will then notify the VAC/ Embassy to confirm the advanced biometric slot.
- Applicant will need to visit the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in London at 12 Old Jewry, London EC2R 8DU (2 mins walk from where we are). Advanced biometric slot will be available between 9:10am & 10:00am. Once the biometric is done the VAC will initiate their application process and the outcome will be available in 48/72hrs (with relevant services).
Your Application Documents
We would suggest you to email all documents to us in advance before lodging your application, as there are special cases and additional documents may be required by the Chinese Embassy:
- A UK employment letter may be required for Media professional/ NGO/ Government officials
- Certificate of Naturalisation / Overseas national ID / Passports of other nationalities may be required for applicants born outside the country of origin
- The Embassy may also request other documents (e.g. bank statements, marriage certificate, pay slips etc)
- You will need additional documents if you’re under 18.
More information can be found at http://mandarinvisa.co.uk/chinese-visa/your-extra-needs/special-cases/. We will contact the VAC for the application outcome. Sometimes it will take significantly longer to obtain the result and the VAC/ Embassy releases visa outcomes on 24 hrs intervals.